Monday, May 26, 2014

Coach Nelson

To Coach Nelson,

 I know I wasn’t the greatest football player on the team this year, but it was the best time of my life. I would have probably gone to receiver or corner if I’d been fast enough and if I could catch a ball. My build was for linebacker and im ok with that. I loved being a linebacker. I also appreciated coach T-Walk and all that he did for the linebackers, all the extra conditioning and workouts in the end helped a lot, and I’m glad he made us do it. I know you didn’t coach me much, I remember during conditioning weeks, you were always in charge of the track, and those workouts usually killed me for the rest of the day. But you were my favorite coach, especially junior year. I remember the chant we did after every game coming home on the bus.

Though I didn’t know it at the time, standing on the sideline and cheering my team on was one of my favorite parts of the games. I only wished I worked harder during the summer, so I could’ve gotten a little more playing time. Though I did work very hard, I didn’t work as hard as Carson. He deserves to go to the NFL and I hope he does. But the times I was on the field during the games I’ll never forget.

 I’m sorry for all the classes I missed, and how just about everything I turned in was late. I know you hate tourists. Because I respect you, I really didn’t want to be one. But I was.  And I feel terrible about it. Out of all my classes that’s the only thing I regret. I’m gonna be there on time for the open mic final. I don’t know what I’m going to say yet, but I will try to make it good.

Good luck next season, and the rest of your coaching career. I hope you can win another state championship ring.

                                                                           Sincerely,

                                                                                    -Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment